Every Malta Company requires by law to have a company secretary. Fides may provide such a service through one of its in house lawyers. Our company secretaries undertake the following duties:
- Maintaining the statutory registers,
- Ensuring that the company complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Drafting resolutions,
- Organising board meetings and an annual general meeting,
- Formulating meeting agendas and preparation of minutes,
- Raising matters which may warrant the attention of the Board,
- Effecting changes in the Board of Directors and Shareholders,
- Preparing and filling of annual returns,
- Ensuring that people who are entitled to do so can inspect company records,
- Administering the registered office: co-ordination and distribution of correspondence sent to the registered office.
Contact us for further guidance on the legal requirements of setting up a Malta company and the role of a company secretary within a Maltese company.